The Blessings of the Swalawat

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Imam Siraj ad-Din Abu Hafsw ‘Umar ibn ‘Ali ibn al-Mulaqqin (r.a.) mentioned, in Kitab al-Hada’iq, that there was a young man who would perform thawaf around the Ka’bah frequently while sending abundant swalawat upon the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.).  He was asked, “Is there a reason why you do what you do?” 

“Yes,” the young man replied.  “My father and I left our home to perform haj together, but in one of the rest houses, my father fell ill and passed away. 

Immediately after he died, his face became blackened, his eyes became bloodshot, and his stomach swelled up.  Seeing this, I began to weep, and I said ‘Verily, to Allah we belong and to Him we shall Return!  My father has died such a ghastly death, far from his homeland!’  When nighttime arrived, I was overcome by sleep, and while sleeping, I saw the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.).  He was wearing white garments and he smelled fragrant like fine scent.  He came near my father and wiped his face and, lo and behold, it became whiter than milk.  Then, he wiped his hand over my father’s stomach and it returned to its normal size. 

Then, when the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) was going to depart, he turned to me and said, ‘Your father sinned frequently, but he also sent swalawat upon me frequently; so, when death approached him, he sought my aid and I came to his rescue.  Verily, I am the helper of those who send frequent swalawat upon me in the worldly abode!’”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir