The Establishment of Israel

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ 

Dr. Isaac Asimov said, in “Asimov Laughs Again: More Than 700 Jokes, Limericks and Anecdotes”, “I am frequently asked if I have visited Israel, whereas yet, it is simply assumed that I have.  Well, I don’t travel.  I really don’t, and if I did, I probably wouldn’t visit Israel.  I remember how it was in 1948 when Israel was being established and all my Jewish friends were ecstatic; I was not. 

I said, ‘What are we doing?  We are establishing ourselves in a ghetto, in a small corner of a vast Muslim sea.  The Muslims will never forget nor forgive, and Israel, as long as it exists, will be embattled.’  I was laughed at, but I was right.  I can’t help but feel that the Jews didn’t really have the right to appropriate a territory only because 2,000 years ago, people they consider their ancestors, were living there.  History moves on and you can’t really turn it back.”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Du’a of the Blind Man

A Brief Biography of Shaykh Ibrahim ibn ‘Abdullah Niyas al-Kawlakhi (q.s.)

The Benefits of the Verse of 1,000 Dananir